tl;dr: Help me raise money for a really important organization! Click here to donate: https://www.crowdrise.com/sanfranciscodoublema/fundraiser/brbrunning
This year, I’m running the San Francisco Marathon – twice, back-to-back! Only 100 runners each year do this, and we’ll be doing it as a fundraiser for a charity of our choice.
I’m fundraising for FAM – Family Assistance Ministries – which is a 501(c)3 organization that my father and grandfather are both involved with. Its mission is to assist those in need in southern Orange County (my hometown) with resources for food, shelter, and personalized supportive counsel and aid, helping clients bridge the gap from dependency to self-sufficiency.
I selected this organization for a couple of reasons, which might help you as you think about donating:
- It’s close to home – all of these people live in or near my hometown
- My family has been actively involved in helping out this organization for several years
- This is a smaller organization, so the impact of our donations is much bigger than a similar donation to a larger organization
As you know, I don’t do a lot of fundraising around my running – this is only the second time, and I’ve done 50+ races. However, this is a pretty important cause to me and my family.
Thanks for reading, and let me know if you have questions. =)
- San Francisco Ultramarathon: https://www.thesfmarathon.com/ultramarathon/
- Family Assistance Ministries: http://www.family-assistance.org/
- Me running a lot: https://brbrunning.com/
In case you forgot since the top of the post, the link to donate is here: https://www.crowdrise.com/sanfranciscodoublema/fundraiser/brbrunning