SF Double Marathon in the books – 52.4 miles through San Francisco this weekend.
This ultra was a fundraiser for Family Assistance Ministries. Together, we raised $1,500. Thanks everyone who generously donated.
Highlights from the race:
- Starting at midnight and running through a [mostly] empty city.
- Running with the lead pack for the first loop – a group of talented and intrepid runners. We [mostly] didn’t get lost.
- Finishing the first loop with Dean Karnazes who I met ~10 years ago as a journalist at Santa Cruz when I could barely run 3 miles.
- Taking a nap in between loops. Luxury!
- Running the second loop with Mike W, who got me intro running; his brother Pat, who I crewed Badwater with for Mike; and their brother Chris, who was completing his very first ultramarathon.
- Meeting up with Antarctica Vavilovians & friends – Dan, Jenna, and Rose – for post-race dinner
Thanks everyone for your support. This was a really fun race.